If you’re like me and have given up meat, you probably didn’t given up the craving for savory casseroles and comfort foods. When I wanted a pot pie, I searched high and low for non-dairy, meat-free cream soups. This one is great for a base. Tweak it to your liking.
- 1/2 cup of plant based milk (almond, soy, etc.)
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup of prepared Better Than Bouillon No Chicken broth (follow package directions)
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- dash of paprika
- In a small bowl, whisk together milk and flour. Break up an lumps.
- In a medium saucepan, combine broth and remaining ingredients (except milk and flour).
- Whisk broth while slowly adding the milk and flour mixture.
- Continue whisking for about 2 to 3 minutes until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool and continue thickening.
- Use immediately or store in an airtight container for a up to a week in the refrigerator.